Sometimes I can be a real sucker for mini and sample size beauty products, so when I saw the new Sephora Favorites Skin Super Foods set ($40 – limited edition) of course didn’t take me long to purchase one. Skin Super Foods is a nine-piece curated collection that includes all the natural products you need to for glowing, youthful-looking skin. The Sephora Favorites sets have a lot of great options to sample products in mini sizes, although I have to say that the sizes in this kit are quite generous, not full size but definitely enough to run it through a good testing period. Whenever Sephora launches a new Favorites kit I’m usually all over it because sometimes they have some amazing curations going for an even better value, plus they’re just fun!
Inside the Skin Super Foods set you get nine skincare products:
- Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser (0.5 oz / 15 mL) – is a clarifying, hydrating facial cleanser that improves the complexion’s glow while minimizing the appearance of pores. I love the formula of this so far, especially since it’s an exfoliating treatment as well. This cleanser in combination with Tata Harper’s Resurfacing Mask and moisturizer is A+. Even though nowadays I have more temperamental skin than acne-prone, this did not make me breakout within the first couple of uses, and in fact left my skin feeling soft and balanced. My skin normally reacts instantly towards a product that throws off its perfect harmony, even more so with natural-based products but so far so good.
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter (0.15 oz / 5 mL) – is a lightweight face cream for instant and abundant hydration. I was very skeptical towards this moisturizer as it has oil in it out of fear that it would clog my pores. I’m pleased to report that it does not. When I first started using it, I kind of slowly introduced my skin to the ingredients by using it sparingly instead of every day. It goes on very smoothly and a little really does go a long way. Use too much and you may have trouble with absorption. My skin looks luminous and hydrated. The formula is quite perfect, especially for those with dry skin.
- Kopari Coconut Melt (2.5 oz / 75 mL) – is a organic coconut oil is comprised of 100 percent pure, organic, and unrefined coconut oil that melts on contact to provide rich hydration from head to toe. Including hair. I have been using this solely as a body lotion as well as a hair mask and … wow, it is absolutely amazing! I’ve been interested in trying the Coconut Melt ever since it launched on Sephora but was hesitant because why pay this amount when I can get it for cheaper at the grocery store? Comparing my old coconut oil to the melt is how I discovered that not all coconut is created equal. The melt is so much more hydrating, moisturizing, more soothing and has quicker absorption time. I also find there’s quite a pure element to it.What I really like is how versatile it is, you can use it on your hair, body and face. This is nothing like regular grocery store coconut oil. The quality is amazing and I will definitely purchase a full-size once this one runs out.
- Tarte Maracuja Oil (0.23 oz / 7 mL) – is a vegan face oil for a healthy-looking, radiant complexion with no greasy feel. Despite reading through the plethora of rave reviews, I have yet to try this oil. My skin and oil just simply do not get along and I’m rather hesitant to even spot-try it. I would love to hear if any of you babes have tried this oil while having acne-prone or temperamental skin. Please share in the notes!
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (0.4 oz / 12 mL) – is a fine mist moisturizer that can be used under or over makeup for dewy glowing skin. This has been on my wishlist for a while and naturally, I’ve fallen head over heels for it. I use it on my bare face like a regular facial spray. I love how fresh it is and how my face feels after I spray it on. It makes my face look dewy and moisturized, plus the scent is simply heavenly.
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask (1 oz / 30 g) – is a peel-off face mask formulated with detoxifying black charcoal. The Luminizing Black Mask offers a safe and gentle way to use charcoal to minimize the appearance of pores. I’ve used it about four times now and have not seen any dramatic results yet in regards to pore minimizing. Usually my hope for a peel-off mask to actually work is pretty low due to past experiences that they most of the time really don’t do anything. I will keep using this mask until it’s gone and will report back if any significant changes start to happen. Personally, my favorite pore minimizing mask is the Caolion Premium Hot & Cool Pore Pack Duo which I can only get on Amazon now since Sephora stopped selling it a long time ago.
- Youth To The People Age Prevention Superfood Mask (0.5 oz / 15 mL) – is a anti-aging cream mask enriched with superfood ingredients to improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles while visibly firming skin. This is a purifying, wash off mask with a super luxurious feel and a scent that is addictively divine, like freshly juiced greens. Out of all the masks I’ve used, this one feels the most organic and refreshing. This is by far my favorite face mask for being a traditional wash-off as it makes my face feel smooth and look brighter instantly.
- Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask with Echinacea GreenEnvy (0.32 oz/ 9 g) – is a face mask that nourishes and revitalizes the skin for a glowing, smooth complexion. This mask leaves my skin clear, glowing, and hydrated without being oily or leaving behind a greasy residue. I love the warming sensation that comes with this mask because it warms as you massage it into your face. The warming effect is mild but it does seem to open the pores nicely, so when I rinse it off, my skin is ready to be detoxified by a clay or resurfacing mask. I love chasing it with a sheet mask for optimal hydration. So far I’m quite impressed with its performance and the fact that it lives up to the hype reviews. My complexion looks more brighter, balanced, plumped and firmer, plus it softens and smooths my skin so beautifully.
- Herbivore Coco Rose Coconut Oil Body Polish (2 oz / 60 g) – has made a couple of appearances on the blog since it is my all-time favorite body scrub, if not of life. For those who are curious about its cult status, I have a more in-depth and detailed review of the body polish right here in this Herbivore Favorites post!
It can be rather tempting to get completely suckered into value sets, or even palettes for that matter. Over the years I’ve learned from my mistakes and established a set of rules that if I at least don’t use 75% of colors or products offered, then don’t purchase it. I don’t like to waste product nor money so I needed to put up some boundaries for myself to not let that happen again. Sets are a little easier to justify since you can always gift a portion of it away to whomever. The $40 price point seemed very reasonable for a set virtually filled with all premium brands and it had items I was interested in trying. I already own the Herbivore body scrub but don’t mind owning a travel-size version of it.
If these skincare products are up your alley then I think this is a great buy – due to their more generous sizes you can experiment quite well with the different formulas and maybe find something you’ll really love out of it.
The Favorites Skin Super Foods can be found online and in stores at Sephora for $40. This set has unfortunately sold out online on Sephora, you may want to try a physical location or call around your local Sephora stores to see if they still have it available. These types of collections are limited edition and available for about a season or until stock runs out.