Looking back on the last twelve months of blog posts and I can hardly believe another year has flown by, and what a year it has been! 2018 was one of the most challenging yet rewarding years I’ve had and I have lots to look forward to in 2019. Thank you to each and every one of you who followed me along on my beauty journey this last year – even though I was M.I.A. for the last half due to school and my full-time job. While we’re well into the start of the new year, I have decided to write my “Best in Beauty” posts for 2018 in makeup and skincare anyway because better late than never, I say! For today I’m rounding up my 2018 absolute favorites in makeup (skincare to follow in a separate post). In this roundup I focused mainly on new products I really loved that I tried last year as opposed to beauty items I simply cannot live without. Quite a few of you have asked for my absolute favorite tried and true beauty staples so I will to put together a separate post discussing those for later.
Base and Complexion Products
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette (unfortunately no longer available) – was, and still is, the best all-in-one complexion palette and definitely one of my top favorite Edits of the brand. Full review + swatches here.
- Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder – won best translucent setting powder. Full review here.
- Nars Atomic Blonde Eye & Face Palette (unfortunately no longer available) – I really liked for the eyeshadows but actually more so for the Last Call highlighter and Unleashed bronzer – such a beautiful pairing! Full review + swatches here.
- Charlotte Tilbury Bigger Brighter Eyes Exaggereyes Eyeshadow Palette – was such a gorgeous and perfectly edited neutral quad. Full review + swatches here.
- Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Gel in Dark Brunette – was my go-to tinted eyebrow gel. Full review + demo here.
- Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara – was my most-used mascara of the year. Full review here.
- Hourglass Scattered Light Eyeshadows – in Reflect and Smoke ended up being one of the best cream and glitter eye formula I have ever tried. Full review + swatches here.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in Cream and Sugar – was basically one of my very few and only favorite lip purchases that I consistently reached for. Full review + swatches here.
That wraps up my makeup favorites for the year. Next post will discuss 2018 skincare favorites!
What were your 2018 makeup favorites?