Happy Wednesday! Squeezing in a quick post to highlight some items I’ve had in heavy rotation lately. I’ve been working on a lot of new stories and edits that are coming to the blog really soon with also quite a few new product reviews so stay tuned!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette (reviewed + swatched here) – has been such an amazing addition to my makeup routine. This is the perfect palette for that natural diffused glow and luminosity. I love that it instantly blurs and smooths out the skin like a real-life filter.
- Verb Ghost Oil – is an oldie but still a goodie. Fall and Winter weather dries out my hair like nobody’s business and this oil helps keep my strands from turning into perpetual straw without weight it down or turning my hair into a greasy mess.
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naked – is the perfect warm tone nude lip gloss that doesn’t wash out my complexion or translates like having cake frosting on the lips. It’s a very pretty and natural-looking neutral that goes great with a variety of lip liners and lipsticks. There’s a subtle sheen to the gloss without the shimmer factor and gives the lips a nice full look. This is one of the very few lip gloss formulas that does not settle into my lines or cracks and it’s also not sticky or tacky. The color is saturated enough to camouflage my pigmented lips and keeps them hydrated at the same time. The Ultra Shine Lip Gloss is ridiculously pricey but so worth the splurge in my opinion.
- Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment – is always on heavy rotation to keep lips optimally hydrated and from flaking when some days are drier than others.
- Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow in Smoke and Reflect (reviewed + swatched here) – apply so effortlessly and give the most beautiful, sophisticated glow without looking childish or cheap. These have a super creamy feel, are easy to blend, and they layer quite beautifully with other colors including powder formulas. Since it is not an actual cream-based formula, there is no stickiness and creasing with the application.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in Cream and Sugar (reviewed + swatched here) – is one of my many go-to neutral lip favorites all year round but especially during this time of year.
- Skinrx Lab MadeCera Cream – is a multi-tasking cream that strengthens the skin barrier, brightens, and fights premature aging. I’m obsessed with this cream. It’s lightweight, creamy but absorbs really well and can wear it under makeup if I choose to, it’s hydrating, soothing, and the list keeps going. Perfection. Since I love this cream so much I’m looking into trying some of their other MadeCera products.
That concludes what I’ve been loving lately. Since the weather has been all over the place here in terms of cold and rainy one day, back to the 90’s the next, it’s been really hard to establish proper routines that cater to just Fall weather in the general term. Usually it’s still hot this time of year so I know what to expect and where to tweak, but with it being all over the place it has been rather difficult to get any sort of footing.
What have you been loving lately? How’s the weather where you are, and what have you been doing to tweak your routines accordingly, if so?