Aside from Charlotte Tilbury and Hourglass, MAC always has some of the best beauty exclusives for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and their sets are priced at an incredible value for what you get. Among my haul picks this year was the MAC Nordy Girl Matte Face & Eye Set ($44.50) which also includes a full-size Modern Twist Kajal Liner in Squid (0.01 oz.), and In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara in 3D Black (0.44 oz.). There is a metallic variation available, the MAC Nordy Girl Metallic Face & Eye Set, which I was really tempted to buy at first but opted for the matte version instead and am 100% satisfied with my choice.
The MAC Nordy Girl Matte Face & Eye Set comes in a slim mirrored compact that is comprised of 8 eyeshadows and 1 highlighter. The colors are nicely pigmented and blend together beautifully with smooth textures and long-lasting finishes. For the eyeshadows there are 2 satin finishes, the rest are matte so you have a good base to work with to build a cohesive eye look. The cheek color is a champagne gold with a metallic finish. On me it’s a highlighter that gives a soft, glowy look and brightens the complexion without adding frost. It’s absolute perfection. It’s very rare for me to find a palette where I love all the colors, especially predominantly a matte-based one, but literally every single color is so wearable for me. This will be a great palette to wear out the rest of Summer with and transition into Fall.
A look at the color selection and descriptions as I see them
- Playing Innocent – is a warm, light taupe with yellow/brown undertones and has a matte finish
- Mischief Maker – is a warm, light to medium brown with red undertones and has a matte finish
- Full Moon – is a warm, light bronzy gold with peach undertones and has a pearl satin finish
- Bucket List – is a warm, light to medium brown with peach/yellow undertones and has a matte finish
- Hunny – is a warm, light brown with yellow undertones and has a matte finish
- Cocoa Daze – is a warm, medium to deep brown with yellow/reddish undertones and has a satin finish
- Solid Goldie – is a warm, light gold with yellow undertones and has a matte finish
- Night Skies – is a warm, deep black brown with yellow/reddish undertones and has a matte finish
- Champagne & Oysters – is a warm, light gold with peach undertones and has a pearl satin finish
Bottom line, I’m really happy with my MAC pick and there is lots to love at an affordable price. The colors are just beautiful neutrals that are super wearable and just excellent in overall quality. You can still find the MAC Nordy Girl Metallic Face & Eye Set on Nordstrom as of right now but unfortunately the matte option has sold out and I’m not quite sure if it will come back in stock at any point. I’m awaiting an email response from Nordstrom to confirm any details.
What makeup items did you pick up during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year?