It’s so hard to believe that August is already here and Summer is slowly winding down. Usually July is one of those months that never seems to end, like January, but so far this whole year has flown by! July was a rather hectic month for me, school was taking up loads of my time which explains my intermittent absences from the blog. I did pick up quite a few new beauty bits that I have been loving though and I have a lot of new beauty posts coming soon. Favorites have been all over the place. This Summer I’ve been all about a fresh complexion more than color cosmetics. I’ve also been going through a heavy skincare phase since May which I will be discussing in a separate post later this month. For now I have some of my current staples lined up here along with some newness to spot and watch out for!
- Charlotte Tilbury Bigger Brighter Eyes Exaggereyes Eyeshadow Palette (reviewed here) – is one of my most-reached for eye quads. It’s quite literally the perfect edited neutral palette for the everyday but can easily transition into evening as well. The colors are smooth and creamy and have such amazing pigment
- Marc Jacobs Coconut Gel Highlighter in Dew You? and Fantasy (reviewed here, here) – have been favorites since their respective launches dates. These are lightweight gel-formula highlighters that have smooth textures with a quick dry-down. I love how effortless they are and use them as standalone highlighters as well as foundation mixers for that extra boost of glow
- Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder (reviewed here) – was love at first application and it effectively replaced my Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder instantly. The powder is weightless, non-drying, doesn’t emphasize or settle into lines, pores or cling to texture and patches, and doesn’t leave a white cast. I love that it has a demi-matte finish and leaves a beautiful, soft radiant glow. The Veil Translucent Setting Powder seamlessly melds and disappears into the skin once it is blended creating an actual blurring effect. The powder is extremely fine and has a velvety smooth texture that yields to soft, silky skin when on the face. It’s very lightweight and I can apply it underneath the eyes without the powder accentuating my lines. It’s just utter perfection!
- Hourglass Veil Retouching Fluid (reviewed here) – was the one step in my makeup routine I didn’t know was missing. This is a sheer, weightless, oil-free fluid that cancels out dullness, illuminates any darkness, and retouches fading makeup without caking or creasing. This is not a concealer more so that it’s a complexion enhancer. It does a really good job of refreshing the makeup and looks natural in the process while providing a soft luminosity. Like a filter for the face. It’s sheer and not very opaque but it evens out my skin and the subtle radiance is just enough to diffuse everything beautifully
- Hourglass Caution Mascara – was as expected an instant hit. Review coming soon!
- Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow – are absolutely unique and stunning! They’re so soft and richly pigmented, they give a refined glow to the eyes that is wonderfully versatile and wearable. Review coming soon!
- Tom Ford Ultra-Shine Lip Color in Bare (reviewed here) – is a 3-1 glossy, creamy lip formula that combines the easy, one-stroke application of a lipstick, the high-shine finish of a lip gloss, and the rich emollient feel of a lip balm. It feels weightless on the lips but provides a nice tint of color with a glossy shine. For the Summer I primarily wear lip balms because I don’t care for the fuss of any other lip product since it gets way too hot here. Bare is my go-to if I need a hint of color, otherwise I wear my trusty Dior Lip Glow in Pink
- Nars Atomic Blonde Eye & Face Palette – is a literal neutral dream in a palette. Review coming soon!
What were your July favorites?