Happy Monday loves! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I have a quick “what’s in my bag post” today talking about the Spring staples I like to carry with me. Since the season’s arrival I’ve made a few changes in my bag contents. With most days starting off on strong sunshine, or overcast only to become 86 by afternoon, it’s now a must to have some kind of sunscreen on me to reapply throughout the day. On those more warmer days my skin has already started to yield for more hydration, especially my hands for some reason, so I carry both more hand cream as well as face mists. Face mist is a 100% must for me with the hot sun and dry air. Right now it’s not as bad but in the Summer all I do is reapply to keep my skin hydrated and myself cooled down. My favorite is still the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist. I love how fresh it is and how my face feels after I spray it on. It makes my face look dewy and moisturized, plus the scent is simply heavenly.
Full list of what I have in my bag:
- Historically I don’t like to overload my bag with clutter that I have to dig through just to find one item, so I like to carry pouches to keep things organized and separated. My frequent go-to is the Louis Vuitton Cosmetic Pouch Monogram Canvas because it can fit a lot inside so there is no need for multiple pouches. It’s also very sturdy and lasts a long time
- Sunscreen is very essential for me. I tan real easily, however, like most I burn just as quick on the usual high-points like the shoulders, back of the neck and across the bridge of my face that includes the nose as well as the skin right underneath sunglasses. For the body I’m pretty set on my Coola Sport Continuous Spray SPF 30 in Tropical Coconut. It’s simply a staple in our household because it works really good in terms of protection, absorption time and comfort to the skin, no grease, stickiness or film factor, it’s also very long-wearing even with sweat + the occasional humidity. The scent is also out of this world. Scent in an SPF is pretty important to me since I do wear some type of fragrance every day and I need those notes to harmonize with whichever perfume I decide on. Luckily for me the sweet coconut smell plays very nicely with my Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist and Tom Ford Orchid Soleil
- I’ve also been testing a few more formulas for the face. One I really like is the Neogen Dermalogy Day-Light Protection Sun Screen. I love how it absorbs right into my skin and has this clean, fresh scent to it. It feels moisturizing and wears really well under makeup, plus no white cast which is a major bonus. It does produce a dewy but not too shiny finish. It’s not greasy and so far I have not experienced a breakout.The consistency is that of a whipped cream and it doesn’t leave a filmy residue. Going through the testing stage right now is the Supergoop! x Milly Defense Refresh Setting Mist Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 Mini. I’m not quite sure how to feel about it. I like the concept of such a high SPF in a makeup setting mist and it does a really good job of keeping my actual makeup in place without any hindering of product or general longevity. That being said, I can’t get over the greasy film it leaves behind at first. After about an hour or so it sets more into a glowy luminous finish that is more acceptable to me but for the first hour my face basically looks like an oil slick and skin is a little sticky before it all settles down. The concept is great and it has a pleasant smell but most likely I will not repurchase this just for that since it’s not the business
- A hand cream favorite right now is the Dionis Vanilla Bean Hand Cream. I love this hand cream for daily use. It absorbs quickly without leaving a film, smooths out the skin and relieves any tightness or discomfort. I find it deeply moisturizing enough for my immediate needs and the scent is absolutely DIVINE
- I’ve been living for the travel-size Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist (reviewed here). It’s literally Summer in a bottle and is SO addictive, it gives me life 1000x over. I even spritz it onto my bed sheets so I can just smell it while I’m sleeping. If you’re obsessed with the Bum Bum Cream like I am, this smells JUST like it. It’s that perfect sweet, sexy and sultry Summer fragrance that indeed feels like it instantly transports you to the beaches of Rio de Janeiro. An absolute must if you love other parts of this collection
- Makeup rotation includes the Tom Ford Lip Colors in All Mine, Bad Lieutenant, Naked Ambition and Spiced Honey (all swatched here), Tom Ford Boys & Girls in Bradley (swatched here), Tom Ford Ultra-Shine Lip Color in Bare (swatched here), Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss in 744 Subtil (swatched here), Marc Jacobs Cream & Sugar Lip Creme (swatched here), and Nars Velvet Lip Glides in Strip, Suck and Unlaced (swatched here)
- Last but not least a few accessories. On the tech note, I don’t really carry any gadgets around except for my actual phone and a set of headphones. I’ve never had the need to keep portable chargers on me since I’m not on my phone that much while I’m out – plus, Samsung batteries last a lifetime compared to iPhones. Pictured is the Galaxy S5 but I have the S9 coming in for delivery today!
- For those curious about the sunglasses, they are Tommy Hilfiger Rose Gold-Tone Lindsay Aviators
That wraps up what I currently have in my bag. Right now I’m heavily in the market for SPF-infused face mists and if you have any favorites please share in the comments! I’m open to whatever brand or formulas, preferably ones that don’t leave my skin a greasy mess!
What do you have in your bag right now?