Happy Monday my loves! I hope you all had a great weekend. Today I have a roundup of some things I’ve been loving lately. There are reviews from Anastasia Beverly Hills, Nars, Tom Ford and more coming in the next week or so, but first I wanted to do a quick recap post of items that have gotten the lion’s share of my attention the last two months and some things I really don’t want you to miss!
- First, I’ve been playing around with different bases for the past few months, mainly new launches, but only one so far checked off every box on my list and that is the Marc Jacobs Shameless Youthful-Look 24H Foundation SPF 25 (review + swatches here). This is a medium-full coverage foundation but looks very natural. It doesn’t cake nor oxidize and the longest I’ve worn it was 19 hours without flaw. I love the luminous, self-setting finish and the colors offered in the line are quite impressive with 29 flexible shades. By far this is the lightest foundation I’ve ever worn and it barely feels like I have any product on my face, making it a perfect base come Summertime on days when I need/want more coverage than what a tinted moisturizer or BB cream can offer
- Continuing with complexion enhancers, I ordered both of the MAC Hyper Real Glow Palettes (reviewed + swatched here). The highlighters are all gorgeous with an ultra-reflective, super smooth sheen that effortlessly blend into the skin beautifully without emphasizing pores or texture. I love these for the face but for the eyes as well as it gives this beautiful pop of color
- Next for the eyes, one of my favorite newly discovered neutral shadows palettes is the Hourglass Graphik Eyeshadow Palette in Ravine (reviewed + swatched here). Ravine offers a well-balanced mix of mattes and satin. Across the board each shade is incredibly soft and smooth with a velvety texture that allows for easy blending and layering. The colors are formulated with a high concentration of pure pigment powder which allows for their truest color payoff. All five shades are excellent in pigment, texture, and color deposit/payoff, including the mattes which are almost silk-like
- Tom Ford’s Cream & Powder Eye Colors are a staple within my collection as they are easy to use and convenient to apply. They are also amazing to last through Vegas Summers and even though it’s not Summer quite yet, the color Paradiso (reviewed + swatched here) has already been brought out. Featuring two formulas, one sparkling powder (a warm, medium copper with brown undertones) and a metallic cream (a warm, medium rose gold with pink undertones), I like to apply the cream shade first on the lids, then blend into a soft gradient. Next, I take my finger and dip it into the glitter powder and dab onto the lids on top of the cream shadow. The result is absolutely to die for. Another favorite shade of mine is Naked Bronze which I am completely out of and have to restock
- Along with the release of the Graphik Eyeshadow Palette range, Hourglass also launched the Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel (reviewed + swatched + demo here). If there’s any product that I would say GO GET IT NOW, this would have to be it. It’s a first for me to be completely blown away and this impressed by a brow product, period. Usually I will find some sort of flaw whether that’s in general formula (color, wear time, consistency, texture, application, etc.) or the applicator, but the Arch Brow is just utter perfection from design to finish
- There are a few lip colors I’ve also been obsessing over. Of course one of them is the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème in Cream and Sugar (review + swatches of the mini trio here) I first tried this lipstick in a mini version from the Cream and Sugar Nude Lip Trio Set and was over the moon to discover that two days after I posted the review on the blog, Marc Jacobs Beauty launched all three in full sizes! I immediately snagged up the full size Lip Crème because that’s how much I need it in my life. Aside from the dreamboat formula that is the Le Marc Lip Crème line, the color is a to die for nude pink that I have looking for forever. It flatters my complexion so well and I’ve been basically wearing it non-stop since
- I was on the hunt to find a fresh, really pretty pink-toned shade for the Spring transition and rediscovered the Nars Orgasm Lip Gloss (reviewed + swatched here) in my own stash. I seriously forgot how beautiful this color is. It’s a warm peachy pink with golden shimmer and has a high-shine finish. The texture is quite thin and somewhat tacky but overall comfortable to wear. It has sheer to semi- opaque color coverage that gives lips a sheer, ultra smooth wash of color
What are you loving right now? Let me know in the comments!