Since the last two weeks of January, Vegas has been graced with temps running in the mid- 70’s on average and I’ve been on a bit of a glow-up mission these past weeks because quite frankly, I’m SO over Winter. Per usual, it hasn’t been much of a Winter to begin with but the blues have officially set in as I’m borderline pasty, super moody and impatiently waiting for Spring. While the season may not be here just yet, for us here in the desert bowl current as well as future forecasts say otherwise, so I’ve taken it upon myself to perk up my makeup situation in order to beat the Winter drag. I’m resigning from months of non-colors or moody hues and instead choose to revel in a fresh, glowy and fabulous complexion that says I’m ready for Spring but yet is still apropos for the time of the year.
- There are fewer things I love than a fresh, glowing and dewy complexion, year round. I exclusively shop for foundations that have a luminosity factor as mattes or semi- mattes tend to make my face look one-dimensional and flat. I love formulas that bestow a little glow and radiance because it makes my complexion look so much more alive, brighter and youthful. Forever my holy grail is the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (my shade is Vallauris). This was such a perfect color match that regardless of season it seamlessly matches my skin as well as body tone all-year round. It’s magic in a bottle and I cannot live without it. This foundation offers medium to full coverage. The consistency is quite concentrated and a little, about 3 pumps, covers half if not almost the entire face. I love to apply this with my damp Beautyblender. It effortlessly glides and melds with the skin setting into the most natural finish I’ve ever encountered with a foundation. There is no shimmer or glitter in this formula but it still gives the face a healthy, luminous look and radiant glow without being too dewy. It blends out super nice and is easy to layer. The wear time is impressive as on multiple occasions I’ve worn this well beyond 12 hours and it does not budge. There is no fading, no patches showing up and most importantly of all, it doesn’t turn shiny the longer it sits. It’s absolute perfection
- Something that I LOVE to do year round is mix in a drop or two of my favorite liquid highlighters with my foundation. Doing this gives an added gorgeous, natural-looking lit-from-within glow without altering the color of the actual foundation. Marc Jacobs Dew Drops (reviewed here) or Tom Ford Fire Lust (reviewed here) are my go-to’s for both mixing in and to apply as a highlighter to the highpoints of the face. My current highlighter powder crush is the Tom Ford Orchid Soleil Nightbloom Powder (reviewed here)
- To illuminate and enhance the skin further, one of my favorite finishing powders for the face has to be Radiant Light from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder line. The Ambient Lighting Powders are designed to give a candlelit glow to the face. Their unique formula is infused with the innovative Photoluminescent Technology, and each finishing powder captures, diffuses, and softens the look of the skin. Texture is really soft and the powder contains the right amount of balance of pigment and softness to make the entire face glow without affecting foundation color or oxidizing. These powders virtually melt into the skin and illuminate the face beautifully while buffing away any flaws or inconsistencies. What I also love about the Ambient Lighting Powders is that they provide the perfect base to blend other powder products on, application becomes a lot more seamless and smooth
- Bronzer is my lifeline to adding warmth and depth to the face. Even though you’ll never find one matte bronzer in my collection, during the Fall and Winter periods I do tone it down from my usual Summer shimmers. The perfect mix of not matte but also not shimmery bronzers I rotate between daily are the classic Nars Laguna and Becca Sunlit Bronzers (reviewed here). Both have a subtle luminosity and a degree of shimmer that does not translate upon application but in fact completely melts away resulting in a simply beautiful bronzed glow.
- For the cheeks I love a subtle flush of color with a nice sheen. Personally, my favorite blush formula of all time is that of the Ambient Strobe Lighting Blushes by Hourglass (reviewed + swatched here). These are entrancing hybrid blushes that combine the illuminating effects of their Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder with beautiful modern hues to instantly brighten cheeks with a radiant glow. My go-to shades this Winter have been Euphoric Fusion and Iridescent Flash
- Since the cold has been completely unforgiving on my lips, I have been carrying my Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviving Lip Balm (my shade is Pink Glow) more times than not. Usually I’ll wear tinted balms more in the Summer because they’re light, tinted just enough to look like I’m wearing something and glossy. But truth of the matter is that lip balms make a great beauty staple all year round. The Dior Addict Lip Glow has been in my life for many years. It’s very nourishing and hydrating, and this product works for everyone as it works with your body chemistry to create the perfect pink
- Because I do love all things fresh and dewy, lastly for base products is the Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(cover) Perfecting Coconut Setting Mist (reviewed here). This is a 24-hour makeup setting mist that hydrates while giving skin a fresh, dewy finish. Formulated with freeze-frame technology and five coconut actives, the fine, micro-mist delivers a healthy-looking dewy glow to the complexion, at the same time, locking in makeup so that it stays put and looks fresh all day long. I use it for multiple purposes whether that be to set makeup, mist a bare face or as a pick-me-up throughout the day. It simply makes makeup look flawless and airbrushed after a few spritzes. It smells amazing, like sweet coconut with a hint of salt water, and gives a beautiful, subtle dewy glow to the skin. It’s so refreshing and hydrating, Summer vibes in a bottle
What are your Winter glow favorites? Any products you can recommend?