One of the best things I’ve ever done for my skin was to start taking really good care of it in my teen years, and then started focusing heavily on anti-aging elements in my early twenties. You’d be surprised by how fast everyday wear and tear like stress, lack of sleep, and sun damage will manifest on the skin. Most wait until they see the first sign of a wrinkle or deeper line creeping across the face before they act but usually by that time, it’s pretty much already too late. A wrinkle and line- free existence is not an option for those who choose to age naturally and gracefully, but the key to a beautiful, healthy complexion is daily care and smart prevention. Preventative maintenance, basically. Aside from being a total makeup junkie, I’m also deeply invested in skincare. I love catering to my complexion every single day because I am truly addicted to the look of healthy, glowing skin that may or may not translate to others as roaming somewhere in early to mid- twenties. For today’s post, I’m sharing five of my favorite and everyday anti-aging products with you guys!
- Missha Time Revolution Clear Toner is in my top picks for facial toners. This is a mild formula that both cleanses as well as gently removes dead skin cells with AHA and BHA exfoliators. The Clear Toner has fermented yeast extract (saccharomyces ferment filtrate), which helps encourage cellular turnover, promoting clear, bright and even skin tone. I like that it’s gentle and effective, non-drying and feels super refreshing. Skin feels cleaner and smoother
- Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist is literally like holy water to me. It contains over 90% fermented yeast extract from Himalayan purple barley to effectively plump skin, refine texture, and reduce pigmentation. The essence practices a Ion fermentation process, which ensures rapid absorption of moisture, allowing skin to retain moisture for longer and restoring skin elasticity. Formulated with Niacinamide, this element brightens and clarifies skin tone while adenosine energizes for more younger-looking skin. With daily application, this essence moisturizes, improves texture and clarity. My skin has already shown its moisturizing and clarifying effects, even appearing a little lifted. A few drops of this essence will hydrate your entire face and you will definitely notice the difference the next morning
- Even though the J.One Jelly Pack is my everyday makeup primer, this multitasking, anti-aging formula works as a hydrating morning mask as well dubbed the “corset mask” meant to firm and lift the face. The Jelly Pack is a multitasking innovation that was designed to simplify your everyday skincare routine. Basically it combines your morning skincare routine, a mask and a primer all-in-one. This is one of the best glowing, moisturizing and firming primers I’ve ever tried. It helps extend the wear of makeup and adds a glow without making you greasy. It helps smooth and plump the skin and adds an all over glow to prevent your makeup from looking flat. What I truly love about this one and what initially sold me on it is its instant tightening effect. This is amazing if you have textured/pore-like skin or if you have pronounced lines and emphasized creases on certain parts of the face. It melts on your skin, smoothing and erasing every single pore, fine line, and wrinkle – even acne scars
- Something new that I have been putting to the test is the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. This is a nighttime oil that hydrates and visibly restores skin. Normally I give skincare products 3 solid months of testing before I even so much as write about it, but I’ve been so beyond impressed with the results of this oil that I had to include it in this roundup. Anywhere from skin looking plumper to the diminishing of even the most stubborn forehead lines, to a slow improvement in texture issues that I have on certain parts of the face – skin literally looks transformed overnight. Skin is radiant, glows and feels firmer, almost lifted. A big bonus is that this specific oil did not cause my cystic acne to flare up where other oils have previously done so. And I’m not exaggerating when I say that this has somewhat softened my scarring from acne as well. Definitely new holy grail, it’s totally transformative
- Lastly is my favorite moisturizer, the Tatcha The Water Cream (reviewed here). This is a oil-free, anti-aging water cream that releases a burst of complexion-improving Japanese nutrients, powerful botanicals and optimal hydration for poreless and flawless-looking skin. Formulated with Japanese Wild Rose, Japanese Leopard Lily and hadasei-3 (a proprietary blend of green tea, rice, and algae), The Water Cream delivers a refreshing, luxurious spa-like experience balancing hydration as well as clarifying and refining the skin by tightening pores and smoothing out texture – all the while restoring and boosting healthy-looking radiance by imparting a subtle, shine-free glow with a touch of 23-karat gold
And that concludes my five favorite anti-aging products that I use on a daily basis. I would love to hear what you babes are using to prevent aging, share with me in the notes!