Continuing my Best of 2017 edition, today I’m sharing my top picks in skincare for the year. This year I purchased a lot more skincare products than I did any other year and most hauls included some really great items that I can’t live without now. The following favorites are not necessarily items launched in 2017 alone but also include rediscovered and new-to-me products that I was introduced to through your suggestions and following some really great accounts on Instagram. For convenience, I organized my picks by category and in alphabetical order.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser – is a great basic facial cleanser I rediscovered earlier in the year. This is a gentle liquid formula that cleanses without over-drying or stripping the skin
- Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser – is the cleanser I reach for the most. I purchased this a few months back when I was experiencing a very random cystic acne flareup. This one wins for best anti-aging and acne formula. This is a gentle, low foaming formula that delivers sustained-released salicylic acid and improves skin’s appearance over time with consistent use. It’s literally the perfect face wash for someone with anti-aging concerns and whose skin is prone to breakouts
- Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil – is one of the very few cleansing oils that does not clog my pores. This is a gentle two-in-one makeup remover and cleanser with camellia oil that gently melts away impurities, even waterproof makeup, leaving behind pure, silky soft skin
- Missha Time Revolution Clear Toner – is one of my most recent discoveries and has already made it to my top picks for facial toners. This is a mild formula that both cleanses as well as gently removes dead skin cells with AHA and BHA exfoliators. The Clear Toner has fermented yeast extract (saccharomyces ferment filtrate), which helps encourage cellular turnover, promoting clear, bright and even skin tone. I like that it’s gentle and effective, non-drying and feels super refreshing. Skin feels cleaner and smoother
- COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence – is good for all skin types but in my opinion this may be a lifesaver for those with chronic dry skin as well as acne-prone skin. It adds moisture and glow to the skin and is packed with concentrated hydrating, anti-aging, and complexion-enhancing ingredients. This far exceeded my expectations in terms of how it has transformed my complexion within literally the first week
- Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist – is literally like holy water to me. It contains over 90% fermented yeast extract from Himalayan purple barley to effectively plump skin, refine texture, and reduce pigmentation. With daily application, this essence moisturizes, improves texture and clarity. My skin has already shown its moisturizing and clarifying effects, even appearing a little lifted. A few drops of this essence will hydrate your entire face and you will definitely notice the difference the next morning
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist – is a brand new to me face mist that I was introduced to this year by way of a Sephora Favorites set. This is a fine mist moisturizer that can be used under or over makeup for dewy glowing skin. I use it on my bare face like a regular facial spray if I want my complexion to look a tad bit extra in the luminosity department. I love how fresh it is and how my face feels after I spray it on. It makes my face look dewy and moisturized, plus the scent is simply heavenly
- My Skin Mentor Dr. G Wrinkle Snail Mask – is a brand new sheet mask brand I discovered through scouring Soko Glam a few months ago. I literally live on Soko Glam’s website when it comes to skincare since I have had much more success in results and effects through Korean skincare items. These sheet masks are super luxurious. They are so hydrating and noticibly brightened up my face in just 1-2 usage, and I think it works wonders to plump the skin – especially when used frequently. Skin is radiant, glows and feels firmer, almost lifted
- Sunday Riley Saturn Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask – is one of the bigger splurges I’ve made on a classic apply-and-rinse mask this year. This has literally worked wonders on keeping my skin completely clear. It balances the skin nicely and leaves it feeling soft, smooth and radiant. I am super pleased with the results I continue to experience and if you want to know if it’s worth the $55 for 2 oz, I will go ahead and say 100% yes
- Belif The Moisturizing Eye Bomb (reviewed here) – is my favorite everyday eye cream formula
- Belif First Aid 360 Eye Care Mask (reviewed here) – is yet another Belif discovery I made this year and in terms of concept something completely new to me
- Tatcha The Water Cream (reviewed here) – is a refreshing, hydrating and age fighting moisturizer that I have fallen head over heels in love with
- Foreo Luna Play (reviewed here) – was the first actual device/tool that I introduced myself to and have not looked back. This vibrating macaroon helps unclog pores, gently removes dead skin cells and helps makes my skin look more radiant. Overall it’s been key in keeping my skin clearer
- Vivitar Stimulator T-Bar – I have a post of coming up in the next few days, but let’s just say that this is the first step into the right direction in terms of more serious anti-aging skincare treatments
I hope you enjoyed this best of skincare roundup! I went through all my cabinets and drawers to make sure I didn’t leave anything out since I hauled quite a few items this year. I feel like skincare really made an impact on my routines this year and my skin has truly benefited from it to say the least. I’d love to hear what your 2017 skincare discoveries were!