Tom Ford lovers have had a lot to be excited about so far this Fall season. With the newly minted Soleil Winter 2017 collection that just launched, there’s been quite a bit of lip releases from the luxury house including the Boys & Girls assemblage, and now also the expansion of the classic Lip Color line with 40 new shade additions. The 40 new shades are split across two formulations, the Tom Ford Lip Color Cream ($54 ea / 0.1 oz – 2.96 mL) and the Tom Ford Lip Color Matte ($54 ea / 0.1 oz – 2.96 mL). There are now 50 cream shades and 20 matte shades totaling to an impressive 70 color options in the full size Tom Ford lipstick collection. For those curious about which shades are among the 40, they are split into 9 color families and include:
- The Beiges – Autoerotique, Devore, Magnetic Attraction, Open Kimono, Universal Appeal (matte), Wicked Ways (matte)
- The Burgundies – Dangerous Beauty, Discretion, Love Crime
- The Corals – Age of Consent (matte), The Perfect Kiss (matte)
- The Mauves – Adora, Night Mauve, Sugar Glider
- The Noirs – Impassioned, Near Dark, Fetishist (matte), In Deep (matte)
- The Nudes – All Mine, Bad Lieutenant, Erogenous, Naked Ambition, Spiced Honey, Deceiver (matte), Heavenly Creature (matte)
- The Pinks – Paper Doll, Pretty Persuasive
- The Pops – Electrique, Exotica, Foxfire, Playgirl, Stimulant,
- The Reds – Dressed to Kill, Jasmin Rouge, Original Sin, Vermillion-Aire, Best Revenge (matte), Night Porter (matte)
I ordered four online sight unseen from both Sephora as well as Beautylish. There are lots of nudes, pinks, reds and deeper colors to choose from. My first four picks are neutrals and I’m waiting to add more shades until I have seen them in person. A lot of the colors look like they might be a little too light or cool for my skin tone but I won’t know until I swatch them the next time I find myself on or near the Strip where all of the TF counters are located. Even the one Sephora that carries Tom Ford in store. *le sigh*
I have been a huge fan of Tom Ford lip products for ages. There are good lipsticks, there are great lipsticks, and then there are Tom Ford lipsticks. From the formula down to the design, a Tom Ford lipstick represents what a truly holy grail lipstick should ultimately be. While expensive, they are literally worth every single penny and in my opinion are strongly considered a long-term investment for a good and well-rounded makeup foundation. For the most part I love all the Tom Ford lipstick formulas (anywhere from sheer, ultra rich, shine, to foiled, etc., with the exception of the matte formula), but the classic Lip Color option offers the best pigment and fuller coverage. These have a thicker texture which helps them last longer and adhere better to the lips. The Lip Color formula is luxuriously rich and creamy, providing smooth, even coverage in one effortless swipe. The colors themselves are nicely saturated and wear super comfortably without drying out the lips. Wear time is about average, they are not budge-proof but they do remain in-tact fairly long.
A look at the color selection and descriptions as I see them
- All Mine – is a light to medium, warm dusty rose nude with pink undertones and has a cream finish. This one has full coverage – It’s worth noting that on me this color pulled more like a light brownish beige with pink undertones more than it did a rosy nude color
- Bad Lieutenant – is a medium, warm pink with subtle peach undertones and has a creamy pearl finish. This one has full coverage
- Naked Ambition – is a light to medium, warm beige with peach undertones and has a cream finish. This one has medium to full coverage
- Spiced Honey – is a light to medium, warm pink with yellow undertones and has a cream finish. This one has full coverage
Swatched on the arm
Swatched on the lips. For skin tone reference, I am not wearing any foundation and am completely barefaced here. My skin tone is medium with pink undertones. The swatches below feature one coat of color.
Overall thoughts conclude that these are absolutely top notch. Per usual, the formula performs as one has come to expect from Tom Ford. Anyone who has tried a TF lipstick can vouch that they are indeed in a class all of their own – albeit a luxurious splurge, there’s just nothing that compares. Even though I wasn’t too sure about the actual colors since I did order them sight unseen, I’m 100% satisfied and happy with my picks. They are just the most gorgeous neutrals and perfect straight out of the tube, no tweaking necessary. The creams all have a beautiful, natural-looking sheen to the finish, which makes the colors and lips simultaneously look flawless.
Have you tried any of the new shades yet? What did you think?