For their annual anniversary sale, Nordstrom had quite a few impressive beauty exclusives alongside exciting previews to upcoming Fall launches. One of the hot button items on many a wishlist this year was the exclusive Diptyque Scented Candle Set ($55 / includes 5 candles), which naturally sold out in record time once the sale went live. The set contains some of Diptyque’s iconic scents from the line’s 56-year history offered in mini format usually only found in gift-with-purchase events. The candles are 1.2 oz each with an approximate 12 hour burn time. Ideal as stocking stuffers individually, this elegant set makes for a luxurious gift option for the holidays offering a way to sample Diptyque’s greatest hits without having to commit to splurging on the full size first.
The five scents in the set include:
- Baies: French for berries, Baies (pronounced Bay) features notes of blackcurrant and Bulgarian rose. The fragrance reminds me of a refined fruity blend of red fruits and roses.
- Figuier: introduces notes of the fig tree, is a very refreshing and green scent without being overpowering on either spectrum. It has a nice warm tone to it, while slightly sweet has predominantly woody and green notes.
- Feu de Bois: is part woody, part musky and all smokey – the perfect Winter candle, if you ask me.
- Roses: takes the character of a soft bouquet of roses without being overly floral.
- Tubereuse: is a warm, earthy scent that is all tubereuse flower.
Below on the right is a quick comparison of the sizes of the candles in this set. The Diptyque 1.2 oz candles are smaller than a standard votive, as placed next to a Nest Fragrances votive filled with q-tips you can kind of use the cotton swabs as a guide to get some sort of idea how small they are. The Diptyque minis are a little over half the size of a standard q-tip.
Overall, a lovely and impressive set. It would make a nice gift for fragrance lovers or candle hoarders. There is always the possibility to break apart the set and use the individual candles as stocking stuffers or hostess gifts for the holidays as well since they come housed in their own little box. Diptyque candles are among my favorite, although priced at the high end for home fragrance selections, they are in fact worth every penny. It’s something you really have to try for yourself to find out what the fuss is about, and this set is actually quite perfect for that purpose.