Happy Friday babes! Today I have a quick roundup post of some things I’ve been obsessed with lately. Fall beauty launches are slowly starting to trickle in and while the Fall season is something I cannot even remotely start to think of at this point, I can’t help but be impressed with what is out as of right now. Dior definitely has one of my favorite lineups thus far but I can’t wait to see what Tom Ford has in store! From what I can gather so far based on recurring similarities vis-a-vis product types, my loose interpretation of Fall trends appear to include matte lips, metallic eyes and nails as well as colorful lashes. While I’m still in a Summer state of mind, I (reluctantly) have started to scout Fall beauty releases already so stay tuned for future posts! In the meanwhile, here are a few things I have been loving lately:
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette (reviewed here) is just so amazing. The colors are simply breathtaking, this coming from someone who does neutrals only and the palette offers a nice balance between safer neutrals as well as more bolder, richer colors that are on a completely new level. Albeit the textures in this palette while substantial seem a bit drier than prior Naked palettes, yet are quite strongly pigmented with semi- to full opaque coverage depending on the color, also are very blendable as well as buildable. Much to my surprise, I ended up totally falling in love with this palette. The warm, sultry nature harmonizes so beautifully with my skin tone that I seriously can’t get enough of it. I give this palette two huge thumbs up.
- Youth To The People Age Prevention Superfood Mask is a anti-aging cream mask enriched with superfood ingredients to improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles while visibly firming skin. This is a purifying, wash off mask with a super luxurious feel and a scent that is addictively divine, like freshly juiced greens. Out of all the masks I’ve used, this one feels the most organic and refreshing. This is by far my favorite face mask for being a traditional wash-off as it makes my face feel smooth, luminous and look brighter instantly.
- Kopari Coconut Melt I’ve been interested in trying and finally had the opportunity when I ordered the Sephora Favorites Skin Super Foods set talked about in this post. This has been an absolutely amazing addition to my bath & body regimen and is just perfect for this hot weather. The melt is so hydrating, moisturizing, so soothing and has a quick absorption time. What I really like is how versatile it is, you can use it on your hair, body and face. This is nothing like regular grocery store coconut oil. The quality is amazing and I will definitely purchase a full-size once this one runs out.
- Verb Ghost Oil has been both a game changer and saving grace keeping my hair from turning into perpetual straw due to sun exposure and severe dry heat. Ghost Oil is a transparent, restorative hair oil that revitalizes hair from roots to ends. The formula features an integrated moringa oil blend that coats the hair shaft with essential nutrients. This can be applied to both damp or dry hair. I personally love to work this through dry hair every single day. Literally after the first use my hair felt noticeably softer and so much smoother. Its very light and weightless but has incredible results. Hair looks healthier, shines brighter and I truly feel that it keeps the heat from drying out my strands, especially the ends.
- Verb Sea Spray is my latest Verb obsession. This gives my fine and flat hair a little more volume by crafting loose waves that last all day. Formulated with nourishing ingredients like sunflower seed extract, quinoa protein and kelp, Verb’s Sea Spray soaks up excess oils for soft, tousled hair while offering UV protection guarding against dryness, color fading, and brassiness. As far as formula is concerned, Verb managed to bottle the beach which is quite evident not just in performance, but in scent as well as it is heavenly!
- Pearlessence Cucumber Water Hydrating Face Mist (purchased from Marshalls) is the best for me these days with this warm weather, especially after being out in the sun for a period of time. Cucumber and water mix really well to rehydrate and moisturize the skin, plus cucumber helps to calm down the redness I tend to get when exposed to the elements. Using a good facial mist will provide a refreshing, soothing and cooling effect on the skin which in return delivers various skin benefits, I highly suggest this spray for proper after-sun care if not for simply throughout the day.
- Nars Liquid Blush in Orgasm (reviewed here) has been my go-to cheek color for the last two months or so. As a major fan of the original powder format of Orgasm, it only came natural for me to immediately fall in love with the liquid formula. The liquefied song of Orgasm is perfect for that Summer dew with a long-lasting formula that glides on effortlessly for natural-looking coverage. It has semi- sheer to medium yet buildable coverage. Consistency is very lightweight and fluid, but not so watery to where you have no control over blending nor application.
- Manly Indulgence Black Tuxedo candle (purchased from Homegoods) is a home fragrance I’ve been utterly obsessed with. So much in fact that when I walk by it I will pick it up just to smell it. With notes of white musk, lavender and cedarwood it’s masculine yet at once holds a subtle feminine sweetness. Both relaxing as well as invigorating, for the longest time I was trying to find a Summer home fragrance staple and this candle was literally love at first sniff.
What are you loving right now? Any staples you rely on to help you through the Summer?