And here we are yet again, another year has literally flown by and I, like many, still cannot fathom the fact that we are about to turn the calendar into 2017. This has been one of the most rewarding and fun years I’ve had yet, albeit it came with a good mix of challenges, I have lots to look forward to in 2017. 2016 has been a very exciting year and I feel incredibly blessed in so many ways thanks to my significant other, my family and of course, you guys! I am grateful for each and every single one of my readers – if it wasn’t for your passion fueling mine the blog would not be where it is today and I very much look forward to watching it grow more in this new year. Daily I am touched by the kindness some of you have shown through email or Tumblr fan mail. I think it’s amazing that some take the time out of their day to connect and it truly warms my heart. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for following me through this journey, and here’s to many more!
Onto the makeup highlights of 2016! This year was very eventful in beauty releases. Many brands upped their game and launched an onslaught of impressive collections, better formulas and even dabbled in new innovations. There were so many good launches, especially for eyeshadows and lip products. In order to curate this “best of” edit, I scanned through my blog posts for the past year along with spending a few days going through my inventory collecting a massive list of items I truly love. Think in the range of two 8×11’s on both sides … I’ve edited my highlights as much as I could to what I consider total game changers or ones as I perceive are the absolute best. To avoid a cluttered mess, I separated my picks into individual categories starting with face base favorites!
- Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation In Vallauris – was originally a 2015 best, but after a year hiatus I rediscovered it again a few months ago and wondered how I was able to live without it for that long. – Reviewed here.
- The Estée Edit Flash Illuminator In Morning Light – wins best luminizer. – Reviewed here.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder In Radiant Light & Dim Light – both swept me off my feet. Reviewed here and here.
- Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder – is another luxurious setting powder that gives my skin a radiant, silky finish that I can’t live without. – Reviewed here.
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder – say hello to the first setting powder to keep my concealer from creasing completely – Reviewed here.
- MAC Prep + Prime Fix+ Finishing Mist – is one I have not reviewed yet on the blog. However, recently I went through my backup stash and unearthed this brand new bottle still in the packaging and fell in love with it all over again. Yes … It may or may not have replaced my trusted UD Setting Spray. I have the Fix+ lined up for an in-depth face base favorites post that is coming soon!
Blushes & Bronzers
- Nars Unfiltered II Cheek Palette – is relatively new to my collection but I consider this one the best full blush palette I encountered this year. – Reviewed here.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Air Blush Soft Glow Duo In Kink And Kisses – has been my most used blush since I purchased it. So worth the splurge! – Reviewed here.
- Laura Mercier Baked Blush Illumine Rosé – was another amazing blush discovery. – Reviewed here.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Bronzing Veil In Tropical Days – was definitely one of my better bronzer picks of the year. And there were many! – Reviewed here.
- The Estée Edit The Barest Bronzer In Light-Medium – became one of my favorite semi- matte bronzers (and as most of you know, I like luminous ones only. Mattes not allowed!). – Reviewed here.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit In That Glow – wins at life. I mean, was the best highlighter palette I have owned in quite some time. – Reviewed here.
- Cover FX The Perfect Light Highlighting Powder In Sunlight – is this year’s glowing sensation. – Reviewed here.
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed In Champagne Pop – was a collab made in heaven. – Reviewed here.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Master Palette By Mario – became my most-used eyeshadow palette for the last half of the year despite that I love her eyeshadow singles almost a little more. – Reviewed here.
- Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner In Demolition – was the best liquid eyeliner discovery of the year. – Reviewed here.
- Dior Iconic Overcurl Mascara – is the best mascara, ever. – Reviewed here.
- Nars Velvet Lip Glide In Stripped – is this year’s best creamy nude. – Reviewed here.
- Tom Ford Lips & Boys Lip Color in Austin, Bradley and Graham – were by far my favorite lipstick purchases out of this entire year. – Reviewed here.
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip – is yet another item I have yet to review but is launching to the blog really soon. I consider this the ultimate game changer of the year and has forever changed how I go about applying any type of lip product. So good.
What were your favorite makeup picks this year?