Today’s gift guide edit features some ideas on what to get the man or men in your life. The Holidays bring forward many good gifting options in regards to accessories, grooming, tech solutions, novelty items, etc., and there is lots to choose from suitable for every type of guy. In all my years working retail and merchandising, I’ve heard one too many times that men are quite possibly the most difficult to shop for but in my humble opinion I find them the easiest. When it comes down to it, men like to keep things simple and are visual creatures at heart that are rather easily pleased with even the smallest of suggestions. A few keys to successfully shopping for a guy is to fully know what type of man he is (i.e.; the gentleman, the every guy, a gamer, sports fanatic, music lover, car obsessed, etc.), what he needs (i.e.; is he running out of something that he really likes, for instance, an essential that pertains to his everyday life), and finally, touch base with his hobbies. There are so many great options!
1. A jersey or collector’s item from his favorite football team. Many guys are into football, including mine, and while my guy has multiple jerseys from his team and favorite players, he didn’t have a display item like a collectible for his man cave. Last year I gifted him a authentic game helmet from his team signed by his all-time favorite player and after 5 minutes of him covering his face in silence, I lowered his hand to see tears. It was the best gift ever, if I may say so myself, and I’m not quite sure if I topped myself this year with what I have in store. The only place where I shop for football memorabilia is NFL Pro Shop so I know that I am receiving 100% authentic merchandise including signed items by players which comes with a certificate of authentication. Also, NFL Pro Shop has many flash sales and offers quite a few coupon codes for free shipping or to add discounts codes off purchases.
2. Tom Ford Noir Extreme Collection ($155) – has a nice masculine scent that is classic yet sensual and contemporary. Other colognes I really like for my guy are the Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb, Hermes Terre d’Hermès and Burberry Mr. Burberry.
3. Bose SoundTouch® 30 Series III Wireless Music System ($499.95)
4. Gucci Marmont Full-Grain Leather Wallet ($350) – is a classic brown leather wallet and something nice to give as a gift. This one has the perfect mix of casual and business.
5. Nike Air Max 2017 Running Shoe ($190) – the 2017 iteration of Nike’s signature running shoe that doubles as a lifestyle sneaker is an ideal gift for guys who prefer sleek and streamlined essentials that can be worn literally almost everywhere. While this pair is ready-to-go and overall a universal option sure to appease every shoe fanatic or sneakerhead, if you want to kick it up a notch you can always custom design a pair of Nike sneakers. I did this for my guy for Valentine’s Day and he wears them like there’s no tomorrow.
6. Jack Black The Jack Pack Set ($49) – set includes Deep Dive™ Glycolic Facial Cleanser, Double-Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20, Supreme Cream™ Triple Cushion™ Shave Lather, Cool Moisture Body Lotion, Turbo Body Bar Scrubbing Soap.
7. The Mr Porter Paperback – The Manual For A Stylish Life: Volume Two Limited Edition Smythson Leather-Bound Book ($225)
8. Nixon The Sentry Chronograph Bracelet Watch, 42mm ($300)
9. Diptyque Black Baies Scented Candle, 300g ($90) – conceived with nature-inspired accords, this Baies fragrance blends sweet Rose with warm Blackcurrant for a rich, heady finish. Plus, the dapper black jar makes it a nice addition to any decor, including a messy man cave or a Barney Stinson -esque coven. Other candles I recommend is basically anything by Manly Indulgence which can be purchased at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for under $10, and Sparkling Pine by Yankee Candle.
10. Bose QuietComfort® 35 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Wireless Headphones ($349.95)
11. Ray-Ban Classic Wayfarer 54mm Sunglasses ($150)
12. My guy loves to game on his downtime and this year I am getting him a customized controller from Scuf Gaming. The customizing lab allows you customize basically anything including the base colors to the thumbsticks and rings. I choose to deck his out in his favorite colors with ridged concave thumbsticks for better grip. If someone you know loves to game, this is definitely a good option. Other gaming picks I recommend are Astro headphones, newly released games or an upgraded console.
13. Clinique Great Skin for Him Collection ($47.50) – set includes Face Scrub, Aloe Shave Gel, Face Wash, Broad Spectrum SPF 21 Moisturizer.
14. Cambridge Satchel Stamped Croc Large Folio Briefcase ($345)
15. Kenzo Metallic Tiger Head iPhone 7 Case ($45)
16. Alexander McQueen Brass Skull Key Ring ($115) – basically any guy appreciates a nice keyhanger he can don from his set especially since men take a great amount of pride in their cars and the accompanying accessories. Even something as small as a keyhanger. If you want to make it a little more personal or special, have a keyhanger custom engraved at a store like Things Remembered. It’a guaranteed hit. I had a keyhanger engraved for him last year with something only we know and he absolutely loved it. He said it’s the sentimental value that he appreciated the most.
17. Fossil Leather Framed Travel Kit ($90)
18. The Tie Bar – Brass Tie Bar ($45)
19. Vandor Star Wars – Darth Vader Mug ($19.99) – because coffee is a basic necessity and appreciated by everyone. You can get him a novelty mug of something he likes or a saying that is funny but totally pertains to him, or you can do like me and give him a mug or travel mug of his favorite football team.
20. Beauty Box The Holiday Grooming Collection II ($175) – for the guy who wants to try a little bit of everything, this is a 11 piece set with skincare, shaving essentials, fragrance and more.
If you’re stuck on what to get the men in your life for Christmas, I hope this guide gives you some ideas or inspiration with a good mix of accessories, grooming, tech and more. If you have any ideas or suggestions you’d like to share, please drop it down below in the notes section! I know many could use some extra help on gifts for guys. Whenever I’m stuck on what to get for my guy I know that getting something that involves his team is a total fail-safe. I sincerely hope this guide will help give you some ideas!