Today I have my very first official gift guide for this year curating some great discovery sets and kits celebrating the certified beauty junkie in your life. Every Holiday season numerous brands release a fleet of tempting options both affordable and from the luxury shelf that any beauty lover would simply adore. If you’re anything like me I suspect you might want to keep a couple for yourself … or a lot of them! I think discovery sets and kits are a great way to experiment with various (new) products without committing to the full-size ranges and accommodating price tags. For this edit I have selected 45 pieces that I think look like great beauty bits either for yourself or for others on your gift list and categorized them into 3 individual sections starting under $100 down to under $25. Happy shopping and stay tuned for more guides coming up in the next few weeks!
$100 and under
1. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Luxury Gift Set ($88) – this new and limited edition set features the Allure Best of Beauty winner Black Opium Eau de Parfum Spray, Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in no. 1 Le Rouge and Couture Kajal in Nior Ardent.
2. Fresh Sugar Lip Seduction ($50) – I’ve purchased many Fresh lip products over the years and seriously can’t get enough of them myself, my all-time favorite is their therapy lip treatment. This limited edition set features seven lip-pleasing Sugar Lip shades in , enclosed in a gold-accented box and topped with a pretty pink ribbon.
3. Ciaté London Mini Mani Month Nail Polish Set ($59) – A nail polish advent calendar with 18 mini nail polishes, two nail toppers, two nail treatments, a full-size polish, and a nail file.
4. Chanel COCO MADEMOISELLE Eau de Parfum ($94 – $124)
5. Urban Decay Naked ($54) – a cult classic, this versatile and universal palette will appease any beauty junkie whether they’re newbies or seasoned fanatics and is something I think anyone will love.
6. diptyque Mini Candle Set ($78) – diptyque candles are always a fun gift option. This limited edition set features 5 scents including Feu de Bois, Opopanax, Ambre, Pomander and Benjoin.
7. Lancôme Le Parisian Warm Beauty Box ($59.50) – has 11 full-size Lancôme bestsellers plus a deluxe skin care sample, cosmetics bag, train case and artistry guide to help you create a perfect makeup look.
8. Clarins Double Serum Super Restorative Essentials ($95) – a four-piece restorative set that comes in a quilted white cosmetics bag.
9. Molton Brown 12 Days of Christmas Collection ($50) – is a collection of little scented body wash luxuries to delight yourself or someone you love throughout the holiday season.
10. Glamglow Mask Set ($69) – features 4 of Glamglow’s best selling masks.
11. Sigma Beauty The Classic Clean Duo ($64) – is an absolute necessity for any makeup lover, because brushes. This cleanse, dry and reshape kit contains the Sigma Spa® Express Brush Cleaning Mat and the Dry’N Shape Tower.
12. Crabtree & Evelyn Top Twelve Hand Therapy Sampler Set ($56) – I personally love the Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams and it’s literally the only line of products that truly softens and conditions my rough and dry hands due to the line of work I am in. This set is the ultimate collection of its favorite Ultra-Moisturizing Hand Therapy formulas bundled together in one beautiful gift box.
13. Red Carpet Manicure Train Case ($100) – Get professional manicure results every time with this all-inclusive kit by Red Carpet Manicure. It includes everything you need to achieve a beautiful, long-lasting gel manicure. Best of all, everything is neatly stored in a fancy metallic train case.
14. Philosophy 20th birthday – amazing grace ($97) – Philosophy celebrates 20 years of amazing grace with this limited-edition set including eau de toilette, multi-use oil, perfumed gentle daily shampoo and perfumed hair conditioner (16 oz.
15. MAC Look in a Box Sultry Diva Collection ($56.50) – this set includes 2 Eyeshadows in Pearled Earth and Carbon, Blush in Mocha, Lipstick in Flat Out Fabulous, Lipglass in Dancing Soul, Technakohl Liner in Graphblack and116SE Blush Brush
16. By Terry Impearlious Baume De Rose Gift Collection ($65) – Limited edition Baume de Rose set of the iconic formula and four pearlescent shades to leave your lips hydrated, nourished and beautified.
17. Tom Ford Beauty Lip Contour Duo ($53) – is a lip contour kit baring the necessities to achieve a perfectly defined pout available in 9 shades ranging from neutral to bold.
18. Balmain Paris Hair Couture Fall/Winter ‘16 Cosmetics Bag ($60) – is the perfect set for newcomers to the brand. Suitable for all hair types, it’s filled with a travel-friendly sized shampoo and conditioner enriched with nourishing Organic Argan Oil.
19. Aromatherapy Associates The Ultimate Bath Collection ($98) – for the ultimate bath lover, this set includes 10 therapeutic bath and shower oils promote relaxation, energy and strength.
20. Nars + Sarah Moon Thousand Worlds Lip & Nail Set ($70) – set includes two mini ‘Audacious’ lipsticks in ‘Codie’ and ‘Eva’, as well as two mini nail polishes in ‘La Dame en Noir’ and ‘La Dame en Blanc’.
$50 and under
1. Marc Jacobs Beauty Up All Night Five-Piece Petites Le Marc Lip Crème Collection ($49) – is a limited-edition five-piece Le Marc Lip Crème lipstick collection with bestselling nudes, reds, and a plum encased in a hot pink Marc Jacobs case with a silky black tassel.
2. Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara & Eyeshadow Palette ($29) – is something I bought for myself as well – reviewed here -. If you, or someone on your gift list, have never tried anything from the Dior beauty line yet, this is a great starter/trial set containing two of Dior’s popular products.
3. Origins Superstar Minis Collection ($35) – is a collection of 7 top Origins products including face and hand treatments, plus comes with a cotton pouch.
4. Laura Mercier Layer Up Caviar Stick Eye Color Collection ($38) – is a collection of Laura’s favorite do-it-all sticks features hand-selected shades that shadow, highlight, line and define.
5. Drybar The Four Pack Set ($39) – from one of the best hair companies on the market, Drybar presents a special edition Holiday set with this collection of four styling favorites in travel sizes perfect for those days when you’re on the go!
6. Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Party Eyes Set ($27) – 2-piece eye kit including the Mini Rock ‘n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil and the Mini Legendary Lashes Mascara presented in a glittering golden globe perfect for gifting.
7. Philosophy the gingerbread house ($42) – includes 4 variously fragranced shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath plus 4 accompanying lip shines to complete the Philosophy experience.
8. Burberry Beauty Festive Box ($35) – is a collection of Burberry Beauty products presented in a signature, giftable box.
9. Lorac Mocktail Mixer PRO Matte Lip Color Set ($28) – most of you know that I ride or die for anything Lorac. I haven’t played with anything new from the brand in a while but this set is calling me.
10. Foreo Mint LUNA™ play Facial Cleansing Discovery Set ($39) – the famous Foreo Luna now available in a smaller size packing the entire Luna experience into a pint-sized device with a day and night cleanser to top it off.
11. MAC Nutcracker Sweet Bronze Pigments and Glitter Kit ($35) – a limited-edition kit of mini loose pigments and glitters from the highly raved about Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection – check out my reviews from the Holiday collection here and here -.
12. diptyque The Art of Body Care Set ($50) – set includes Smoothing Body Polish, Revitalizing Shower Gel, Fresh Lotion for the Body and Luxurious Hand Balm.
13. Deborah Lippmann Her Majesty Nail Polish Set ($45) – a collection featuring 9 mini nail polishes to suit every occasion.
14. Beautyblender pro on the go Kit ($40) – this kit includes all the tools needed to create a flawless look for any occasion. It comes with 3 Beautyblenders, a blotterazzi Pro to control shine and a blendercleanser Solid to keep each sponge clean.
15. Tarte Tarteist PRO Glow Highlight & Contour Palette ($45) – is a new highlighting and contouring palette from Tarte and includes carefully-selected shades that have a rich, cool undertone to mimic real shadow and light reflection for the most natural look. Perfect for the girl/boy who loves to glow!
$25 and under
1. Bite Beauty Best Bite Redux ($25) – is set of four, bold, deluxe-size Matte Crème Lip Crayons in Truffle, Red Velvet, Orchid, and Fraise and comes in a coveted, giftable tin.
2. Sephora Collection Face Mask Set ($25) – I have personally tried every single one of the Sephora Collection sheet masks and love them all equally, they are that good and feel amazing on the skin. This is an amazing set for the value, I will be picking this up for myself just for stock purposes.
3. Becca Glow on The Go Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Moonstone Set ($20) – contains a duo of Becca’s iconic highlighters in travel-friendly sizes presented in the famous pale gold Moonstone shade.
4. Philosophy grace for the holidays set ($18) – a Nordstrom exclusive, Philosophy brought back these fan favorites for limited time only.
5. Lorac Happy Hour Hues Alter Ego Lip Gloss Collection ($25) – Lorac released this limited edition 6-piece lip gloss set in pretty rose gold packaging for the holidays. I must say that their seasonal collection is looking really good thusfar this year and I got some pieces on my wishlist I desperately need to pick up.
6. L’Occitane Shea Butter Ornament Trio ($14) – is a limited-edition three-piece collection featuring shea butter favorites by L’Occitane, presented in a festive ornament box.
7. Nest Fragrances Holiday Votive Candle ($16) – I find that a complimenting candle is a great hostess gift. This Nest fragrance comes in a classic and modern glass vase that accentuates any decor and has notes of pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves and cinnamon with a hint of vanilla and amber.
8. Eve Lom The Kiss Mix Ornament ($22) – consists of the famous Eve Lom lip product housed in a cute giftable ornament box.
9. Savvy Traveler JetSet Elite Essentials Kit ($20) – for the beauty obsessed and avid traveler.
10. Nails INC Nail Candy Kit ($20) – is a collection of 4 party-ready polishes. It contains a classic festive red, an indulgent plum and two glitter-packed shades that resemble holiday lights.
Hope this guide will give you some good gifting ideas all for under $100. More gift guides to follow very soon. Have a great Wednesday!