On My Radar
Happy Friday everyone! I hope your week went well and may your weekend be filled with lots of rest and fun! Honestly guys, this has been one of those weeks where I felt like I was not as productive as I usually am. Besides my full-time job and life itself, we’ve been looking at houses and that has taken up a good chunk of this entire week leaving me very little time to work on the blog. Which is why I’m relieved the weekend has finally arrived since it gives me time off from work so I can refocus and work on something I actually enjoy. I do have quite a list of reviews in the works. Swatching, photographing, writing and editing has pretty much been a non-stop process and most of it has been getting done in big portions until I finally have an entire post ready. It’s annoying I cannot continuously work on everything I want to work on, but sometimes distractions are good so I can come back with a fresh perspective. So stay tuned for lots of goodies coming to the blog! Today I’m rounding up this post of beauty and fashion items that are currently on my radar – I’ve pretty much already spent my entire beauty budget for the month but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming, right? Right! Let’s get to it!
1. First up, I’ve decided I want/need more Hourglass in my life. Ever since rediscovering the Ambient Lighting Powders discussed here and here, steadily I’ve fallen in love harder and harder with the brand. I currently have my eye on the Ambient® Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light. While many companies and brands are advertising “end of Summer” sales and blowouts, in Vegas Summer is usually extended for another couple of months and this bronzer looks perfect to remain reveling in one of my favorite seasons before the chill sets. And for a Vegas native, chill = 60 degrees. Yeah …
2. Another beauty item on my list has long been the Lancôme Juicy Shakers. I find the concept intriguing since it blends the benefits of a lip balm with the color deposit of a gloss. If not the packaging just gets me, look at it! 3. The Nars Sculpting Multiple Duo in Playa Flamenco/Oahu is on my makeup radar as well, because duh, cream contour and highlight.
4 & 5. Maybe it’s the trend itself seen everywhere or the fact that I find myself looking real fine in them, but athletic clothes have been part of my everyday for quite a bit. Usually dresses are my vice, which I still wear enough but never shop online for them, however I have felt myself gravitiating towards sporty everything lately. I have my eye on this ADIDAS Trefoil Logo Relaxed Fit Tank and Logo Leggings on Nordstrom. It looks like such a fun set to wear to basically everywhere, plus it would go amazing with these black ADIDAS high-tops I have in my closet …
6. Also on my list is an Ulta exclusive; the Tarte Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer. One of these days while on lunch I will have to run next door into Ulta and get it real quick. 7. A new fragrance is also something I’ve been on the hunt for, something sweet, light and a little seduction wouldn’t hurt. I’ve been eyeballing the Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum Spray lately because I’ve read about the notes and a few reviews which pretty much outline the power points I’m looking for. If you guys have any other reccs I’m very willing to hear them!
8. Okay, so I’m not giving up my gladiator sandals or flipflops anytime soon, but I have to prep for when the weather sporadically turns at any given moment. Vegas can literally go from one extreme to the next on a whim. Usually when it starts to become cooler I will slide my feet into open-toe booties, my all-time favorite shoe, but this will only suffice for a short while before full coverage shoes are required to keep toes safe from going numb. I’m kinda digging these BCBGeneration Devvin Ankle Booties. I’m not a fan of blockish heels nor short booties but these are just calling my name like nothing else. What do you guys think?
9. No, I’ve not forgotten about the Lorac PRO 3 palette, I’ve simply not gotten around to it yet. Believe me, it’s still on my radar and it’s been on my mind a lot since it came out. 10. And lastly, I’ve been utterly obsessed by the Colourpop Ultra Metallic lip line ever since seeing pics popping up on Instagram everywhere containing swatches and looks, they just look like a lot of fun and perfect for Fall!
What’s on your radar right now?